Baklanov Petr Yakovlevich
Doctor of Geography, professor, academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Born in 1946.
Territorial organization of economy, assessment of natural resources potential of territories and regional nature management, territorial sustainable development and regional governance, geopolitics and theoretical geography.
- Scientific Leader of the Pacific Institute of Geography, FEB RAS from 2016 till present.
- Professor, Chair of Sustainable Development and Regional Analysis, Far Eastern National Universityt, Vladivostok.
- Director of the Pacific Institute of Geography of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Vladivostok, Russia from 1991 till 2016. Vladivostok.
- Director of the Economic Research Institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk, Russia, 1987 - 1991
- Research worker, Head of the Laboratory, Deputy Director on Science, the Pacific Institute of Geography, Vladivostok, Russia, 1973 – 1987
- post-graduate studies in the Moscow State University, Moscow, 1971-1973,
- graduated with excellent marks from the Geographical and Economic departments of the Moscow State University after M.V.Lomonosov, 1966-1972.
- Moscow State University - Ph.D. (candidate), 1974
- Moscow State University - Doctor of Geography, 1987
- Far East State University - Professor, 1991
- Corresponding member of RAS – 1997
- Academician of RAS – 2003
Over 450 research papers and monographs.